In this post you will learn How to Hide or Un-Hide the Recycle Bin Icon in Windows XP. Many people hate this icon, I don't know why, they just don't want to let it appear on their Desktop.
I am explaining two ways from which you can Hide the Recycle Bin Icon and whenever you need it, you can Un-Hide it.
1) This is the simple way as compare to second one.
From Group Policy Editor we will Hide the Recycle Bin Icon.
- Click Start, Click Run, Type GPEDIT.MSC, Press Enter
- On the Left Column Expand Administrative Templates, click on Desktop
- On the Right Column Find Remove Recycle Bin Icon from Desktop
- Double click on it, A Property Window will Appear
- Select Enable option, Press OK.
- Refresh Desktop, Enjoy!
To Show Recycle Bin Icon on Desktop, Do same steps but instead of Enable select Not Configured.
2) This step is somewhat risky, if you done this incorrectly you may have to Reinstall
your Operating System. This Blog's Author will not be liable if any damage occurs.
Do it on your own risk or choose the first way.
NOTE : - Backup your Registry File before Proceeding.
Copy the following code into notepad and save it as recycle.reg.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Double click on the file, click YES, click OK.
- A new option will be added in the Folder Option.
- Goto My Computer, then Tools Menu, then Folder Option
- Select View tab, find Show Recycle-Bin Icon on the Desktop option select it.
- Press OK, Enjoy!
Related Posts: Find more Windows XP Tricks